Silencer Sales

Everyone loves silencers or, as they are correctly termed, suppressors. Yes they are legal in almost every state, for target shooting and for hunting. They don't typically sound like they do in the movies, but they do make it so that you can shoot your 300 Winchester Magnum all day long without ear protection. Which is pretty sweet... They also increase bullet velocity, greatly reduce recoil, and they often improve overall accuracy. Suppressors are one of the few items in the gun world that don't have a down side. 

Okay, it's not all rainbows and butterflies. They aren't cheap and there is some red tape to get through. No, you don't need to get a license, and the idea that the ATF can inspect your house because you have have a suppressor is complete myth. 

The really short version is that you pay for the suppressor, fill out some paperwork, cut a check for $200 to the ATF, and wait anywhere from 4-8 months for the paperwork to be processed. You'll get a literal stamp from the ATF, fill out a quick 4473 form (same as any firearm purchase) and you FINALLY get to take your new can home. Yes, it's a hassle. But it's not a horrible hassle, and if you do it once and learn the ropes, it's easy. 

Brimstone Gunsmithing has a small inventory of suppressors in our shop, and we are a Powered By SilencerShop dealer. We are huge fans of SilencerShop; they are just about the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to get a suppressor, period. Basically you purchase the suppressor through them, they handle all the paperwork and ship the suppressor to us, and when it's done you just stop in here to pick it up. 

We don't have a list of our current inventory (it changes far to quickly for that), but here is a link to our shop on SilencerShop. The prices you see is your total for the suppressor, transfer, and shipping. Your tax stamp is usually extra, although they occasionally run specials that cover the tax. You can check it all out here:

(Please be aware that, as an FFL in Washington State, we can ONLY sell suppressors to individuals who are residents of Washington State. Yes, we could sell it to you and then your local gunshop could transfer it... but if they already have the necessary SOT, then you'd be better off buying it from them directly.)